1) Listen – To listen well, you need to put specific skills into practice, such setting aside all other distractions. When you do this in combination with active listening – sustained eye contact and reflecting back what you hear – you’re on our way to connection city!
2) Deliberately TOUCH your kids everyday – This can be in the form of high fives, wrestling matches, strokes of hair, squeezes of the hands and goodnight kisses. Touch has been proven to be helpful intervention when done in a way that is respectful for both the child and parent.
3) Cooking – research has shown that involving children in meal preparation helps foster family bonding and togetherness, and even reduces behavior problems.
4) Invest in TIME with your children – sing, dance and go out to nature with your children.
5) Don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy every moment!